He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Blown Away!



I was totally blown away by what the Lord did today at the Brook! It is such an honor to be a part of such an amazing church. The Lord really used our worship time today. The place really exploded with powerful expressions of worship. It's fun to be part of a church that isn't afraid to celebrate by shooting off confetti cannons, dance, raise our hands in worship, etc. You could feel the Spirit moving even before the service started. It was great to have everyone in one big special service...although I wouldn't want to do it every week because I know God is going to bless us with tremendous growth!


It was fun to tag team with Josh and Jan. We have had some good times planning for this special day and knew God was going to do something really amazing, but we really didn't anticipate some of the special reactions before, during, and after the service. I met tons of people, got to pray with several people with people who are sincerely seeking God, and just really had a great time hanging out at the picnic afterwards pigging out on some awesome hamburgers!


I can't wait to get the video of our cardboard testimonies. Even though we had walked through it several times before this morning it was still extremely powerful and emotional. I hope to have some video posted very soon! As I watched the crowd it was obvious people were overwhelmed because of the picture of lives changed for all eternity. It was so great to have so many families from our Conversation Club there today. Thank you Sue Ann for taking the time to personally invite these wonderful families! I could tell they were really impacted by everything that happened this morning. I bet it will make for some great conversation tomorrow!


So what's next? We start a brand new series called "Momentum". This series is being designed to cast vision for our next steps at The Brook. We strongly believe that God has greater things in store and we want to fully embrace His plans. I think you will be greatly challenged as we look at things that cause us to take steps forward as well as things that cause us to lose momentum as a church. Come ready to be challenged and changed by our Awesome God who never fails to amaze us!

No comments: