He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fishing Fiasco







I took Grace and Joi fishing this morning...scratch that...I fished and they did everything but...


It's not that they didn't want to fish. The desire was there but their casting capabilities still leave a little to be desired. Too many backlashes, tree bass, near misses in almost hooking the " daddy fish" left the girls thinking it would be more fun to nap fish and climb trees. I must admit...I wasn't on my "A" game today. In one cast alone I lost my favorite lure and half a Walmart fishing pole. Don't EVER buy one of those cheapo two piece rods. Half of it will end up in the pond! Next time I go after the big bass I'm bringing my graphite ugly stick and a bunch of worms so the girls can catch crappie all day long. Grandpa, hurry up and move to 'Bama. We need your help!
It's all good though. We had a blast! I do have to fix one thing. Amy is going to kill me for not noticing that Grace wore her new school shoes and got them REALLY messed up! Gotta go clean some shoes!

No comments: