He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The God who sees our misery

7 The LORD said, "I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey--the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. 9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."

Ex 3:7-10 (NIV)


When you find yourself in difficult situations that seem to be hopeless, remember:
1. God sees your misery. It doesn't matter if it's misery you brought on yourself or misery someone else created. He sees your misery.
2. God hears when you cry out. He knows what enslaves you and He loves to deliver the helpless who humble themselves before Him.
3. God is concerned about your suffering. He is so concerned that "he came down to rescue us..." What a great picture of what Jesus came to be as our Rescuer.
4. God wants to bring you into a good and spacious land. God's ultimate desire, even in the midst of trials, is that you live an Exodus 19:4 life where you allow Him to bring you to Himself. So don't just seek His hand for what He can do for you but seek His face for who He is. Then it won't matter if He delivers you now or later. You will be in that good and spacious place with Him.

No comments: