He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hang on Baby!

While we were on Spring Break our family really enjoyed Orlando. Of course we did Disney but we also spent a day at SeaWorld because it's Amy's favorite place in the world. We had a blast feeding dolphins and even took the behind the scenes tour where we got to work with the dolphins and their trainers. Very cool! One unexpected thrill at SeaWorld was a roller coaster called Kraken. Everyone knows I am a roller coaster junkie. Faith wanted to test the waters to see if she had what it took to ride shotgun. I told her my goal was to break my personal record of riding 6 coasters in a row (accomplished at Hershey Park in PA).

While we were standing in line Faith remembered that she needed to do a research paper when she returned from Spring Break. I asked her what it was about and she said it was on "Living out your faith". She asked if I would give her a couple of bullet points for her outline. I told her that after the ride she would have all the points she needed!

She jumped in the front car with me and I took my video camera out to film the whole thing. Then I realized that there was a very good chance I might drop the camera and Amy would pretty much kill me on the spot. Then I thought "surely someone else has attempted to video this coaster". Sure enough, I found a video online with no innappriate language and some great shots.

Check out this video. I think I could be really good friends with the adventurous guy that shot this amazing ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znQ6kRkzU50

After the ride, I asked Faith if she had enough material to write the paper and she cracked up and said "more than enough". At the risk of sounding like Forrest Gump, living out our faith is really like riding a high flying roller coast in that:

1. You sometimes wonder if God will keep you safe when life seems to be plummeting straight down and it feels like you are about to crash and burn. Yet God is faithful...He is our ever present protector and provider.
2. Even though you don't know where the next turn will take you and it seems like your life is turned totally upside down, God already has the perfect path prepared for you.
3. True faith is trusting God to the point where we let go, raise our hands in praise and enjoy every twist and turn along the way! What a ride and what an adventure it is to have a front row seat to what God is doing!

No comments: