He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Friday, July 18, 2008

Take a Hike!





If you know me very well you know I love to get to the summit of a mountain. While in Maryland I got to spend a day on the Appalachian Trail. My hiking buddy and I hit a famous outcropping in Maryland called Annapolis Rocks. Great view!

It was a blast to see Jeff again. He got me into backpacking a few years ago and since then we have seen some incredible summits in W. Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and our favorite, Yosemite in California.
I can't explain it but God speaks to me in the mountains. He put a deep desire in my heart to hang out with Him in what I consider the most amazing places on the planet. I love to round the next corner on the way to the summit and have God blow me away by something He created followed by something He speaks to me while I am enjoying the journey.














3 comments:

Alison said...

Yea for a post...I was beginning to worry you might never come back!

Unknown said...

thought about you yesterday on my tame hike in Monte Sano, wandering through the woods......

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I can't wait until we go on another hike!