He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

15 Facinating things about Faith

This past week we celebrated Faith's Spiritual Birthday by going to her favorite restaurant, Nothing but Noodles. She is about to turn 13 but she is 7 years old in the Lord. To be honest I was somewhat surprised when she started asking so many spiritual questions at the age of 4 1/2. Not just simple questions but deep stuff. Every evening at bedtime was like a systematic theology quiz for me. I knew early on that God had given her a tremendous appetite for the things of the Lord. I remember how intently she would listen to Christian radio and ask what the lyrics meant and how she loved to act out the story of David and Goliath every night. I must have been nailed in the forehead a million times with whatever she wanted to use as a rock. While I hurt myself a few times falling off the bed, I must admit it was worth it because she learned "the battle is the Lord's" at an early age! To celebrate Faith's Spiritual Bday, here's a few of my favorite things about her...

  1. She loves to listen to Rick and Bubba with me on the way to school. We have upcoming tickets to sit in the golden ticket seats but that is a whole other blog!
  2. She has a dry sense of humor just like me.
  3. She likes hiking with me and is pumped about a new rite of passage for our daughters. When they turn 13 they will each get to go on an overnight backpacking adventure in a special place. I'm thinking she will like the waterfalls at Sypsey Wilderness.
  4. She loves to listen to Wally on Total Axxess every night.
  5. She has already taught our 5 month old labradoodle how to sit, shake, stay, high five, and lay down.
  6. She is like her "Robo Rev" dad in that she loves anything to do with technology.
  7. Her favorite subjects in school are math, latin, and science. She wants to be a librarian/teacher some day but I'm wondering if she's got some engineer in her?
  8. She has totally got me hooked on watching Hannah Montana. I'm sure I'll need counseling for this, but it's worth it.
  9. She makes really crazy faces when we make her eat veggies. She claims she is allergic to all veggies but we aren't buying it.
  10. She has amazing dreams every night and is able to tell us in great detail the most hilarious dreams every morning. It's always a great way to start our day!
  11. She loves a good mystery and is all about puzzles.
  12. She gives the world's greatest back rubs.
  13. She never grows tired of hearing me tell her "growing up" stories.
  14. She likes practicing Jujitsu with me. Sometimes it gets pretty rough but I try not to cry.
  15. She is turning into a young woman way too fast for me but I'm pumped that she still likes to sit on my lap and snuggle.

Happy 7th Faith! I love you lots!

2 comments:

Alison said...

I need counseling for Hannah Montana too!!!

Unknown said...

how sweet richard!