He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Daddy Daughter Dates


We have a long standing tradition in our house called "Daddy Daughter Dates". It's a pretty simple deal. One of my daughters gets to choose where we go eat and then we take it from there. This week end Joi and I had our date and she brought up the idea of going to Dreamland. I know you think I coaxed her into it but really...she loves BBQ. She and I are the carnivores of the family and we threw down on a half slab of ribs and some nana puddin'. It was good stuff. Joi really got into making shish-kabobs with the meat, bread, sauce, lots of salt and toothpicks. It was hilarious watching her eat ribs with five teeth missing.
As we enjoyed our date I realized I have a full out tomboy on my hands. She wears her Dallas Cowboys hat backwards with her cowboy boots, loves transformers, just had to have a batman birthday cake, and she uses the word dude ALOT...plus she likes to wrap knuckles and wrestle. She even gave her missions money to the boys in VBS this year! The real kicker is that she insists on putting her own worm on her hook when we go fishing...much to the dismay of her older sisters!
We finished our date my going to a favorite sporting goods store where she tried on every helmet in the store. She even tried on shoulder pads. Talk about some great pics!
We had a blast but more importantly we made some great memories that will last forever. It's hard to believe they are growing up so fast and I want to treasure every moment with them. Hopefully I can set an example of how a godly man should treat them in the future.
I'm thinking our next date might be to a tractor pull followed by some practice skipping rocks across the pond and how to properly spit sunflower seeds!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Very cute. I have always loved that you do that with your girls. Making memories...priceless.