He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Go with me Daddy!


I love Saturdays! It's our family day where we rest, unwind, and make some memories. Today we went to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. We've been there before but our children we all preschoolers. There is so much more to do when they get a little older. We loved the rockets and the rides.
What I love about our girls is that they are willing to be adventurous as long as Amy or I are there to cheer them on. Grace was pretty nervous about climbing the rock wall today and had talked herself out of it. All I had to do was say "let's to it together" and she strapped on the harness and away we went. With me by her side she was strong and courageous. We talked the whole way up the wall and had a blast repelling back down. The look on her face afterwards was priceless. It reminded me of the time she and I climbed up the side of Cunningham Falls in Maryland. As long as I was there, she was willing to go places she would never go by herself.
What a great picture of how God goes with us. He gives us strength and courage for the journey and He allows us to have victory in areas where we would be fearful without Him. Deut. 31:6 says "Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid of them! The LORD your God will go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor forsake you."
Hopefully Grace will remember more than a fun climb today. My prayer is that every time she remembers today she will be be filled with courage to be the adventurous Christian God has called her to be and that He is right there with her encouraging her on the journey. I hope she knows that with the Lord's strength she can climb the El Capitan of challenges and stand on top of every challenge knowing God's ability to continually take her to new heights!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was fun! Especially watching you repel into the wall, twice!! Hee hee.