He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights... 2 Sam 22:34 (NIV)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Me and my peeps!


This Labor Day Weekend Amy flew to Dallas to spend a few days with her mom. The girls and I planned a special week end that was a blast. We started Friday night with the "stay up at late as possible contest" followed by the "sleep in as long as you can contest". Faith won both contests hands down. I wimp out by 10:30pm.
I am getting ready for a three day Appalachian Trail hike so I took the girls to Rainbow Mountain on Saturday. They are now able to complete the entire Rainbow Mountain trail loop. It's taken a few years but they are now hooked on hiking. Faith and I are doing an overnighter to celebrate her 13th birthday. Can't wait!
Saturday night we grilled some salmon followed by roasting some marshmallows. I don't recommend that combo but the girls like it so it's cool! We topped off Saturday night by watching the Crimson Tide beat the stew out of Clemson. This may be my first year in a long time to truly savor Alabama football!
Sunday we attended The Brook. Grace and Joi were pumped about going to Big Church followed by Faith Factory. Faith enjoyed keeping track of my mispronounced and newly created words! I have no idea why I cannot say the word "statistics" anymore! We finished off Sunday night by going fishing. I found a primo fishing spot not too far from the house. I'm slowly teaching the girls to fish. On my second cast tonight I caught a large mouth bass. My girls were very impressed and they kept casting in the same spot all night. No more fish were caught but the girls didn't hook each other with their new and crazy casting skills so I considered that a victory!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed fishing with you, even though i almost got hooked by Joi, literally!

love, Faith

Unknown said...

Your blogs are sweetly funny!!
Love, Grace

Unknown said...

what a great weekend although i will pass on the salmon/marshmallow combo. I do love roasted marshmallows though so let me know next time you do that!